Hours: Full-time (six month contract with possibility to extend)
Salary: £41,000 a year (inc)
Closing date for applications: Midnight of Friday 30th October 2020
The Brunel Museum in Rotherhithe is urgently seeking an Interim Director. The successful candidate will put in place the systems and procedures that will ensure the smooth, safe and sustainable operation of the Museum. Importantly he or she will action and oversee the delivery of a ring-fenced 6 month project recently funded by the DCMS/Arts Council Culture Recovery Fund.
The job role includes:
- Reporting directly to the Chair of Trustees and monthly to the Board of Trustees’ meetings
- Delivery and programme management of a multi stranded project recently funded by the DMCS/Arts Council Culture Recovery Fund, to programme and to budget, including an Evaluation Report
- Maximisation of income, especially through the effective use of the Tunnel Shaft and relationship-building with third-party promoters, event organisers and other potential customers
- Budget management and business planning
- Visitor management through staff and volunteers that delivers an experience that exceeds customer expectations
- Oversight of the Heritage Lottery funded ‘The Brunel Museum Reinvented’ project and associated fundraising
- Ensure, with the support of the Finance and Business Administrator, that administrative systems and processes are in place and fit for purpose
- Oversight of building management functions, with the support of the Finance and Business Administrator, including cleaning, fire safely, security, H&S and routine maintenance and inspections
- Line management of 3 employees and regular liaison with volunteers, trustees and key stakeholders
The Museum is located in the Engine House adjacent to the historic Tunnel Shaft of the Thames Tunnel. Completed in 1843, the Tunnel was Sir Marc Brunel’s most significant achievement. He was helped by his son, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, just embarking on a prolific and famous career.
The Interim Director will lead the Museum as the most senior staff member, overseeing the strategy and operations of the site; providing leadership and playing a lead role in driving capital improvements and income generation to promote recovery and growth during and after the COVID19 pandemic.
Please click here to access a pdf with full job description, person specification, and details of how to apply.