The Brunel Museum celebrates the Thames Tunnel – one of the greatest Victorian engineering achievements and the first successful underwater tunnel in the world.
Our volunteers are crucial to the museum and we are now able to offer a wider range of exciting new volunteering opportunities. These roles will support the museum’s expanded activity programme, whilst offering the chance to learn skills, gain experience and meet new people.
What we can offer
- A friendly, supportive environment and an opportunity to learn about the Brunels and the Thames Tunnel (no prior knowledge required)
- An award-winning team of museum volunteers
- Volunteer buddy system with existing volunteers welcoming and supporting new volunteers in their roles
- Training opportunities through attending external courses and receiving in-house training relevant to your role
- Volunteers get-togethers and thank you events
- Flexibility – volunteer shifts to suit your availability and roles to suit your expertise
- Opportunities to share your views and provide suggestions / input.
- An opportunity to give back to the community
- Valuable experience at an accredited museum for your career development