We’re delighted to announce that The Brunel Museum will reopen its doors to visitors on Monday 10 August 2020, having been closed since the UK went into lockdown in March. The museum will be open to visitors 12pm – 5pm Monday – Saturday and 1pm – 5pm on Sunday throughout the summer.
Ensuring the safety of our visitors is always a priority, and during this time the museum will:
- Ensure a plentiful supply of hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial wipes
- Undertake frequent cleaning of the museum and toilet facilities
- Introduce prominent signage reminding visitors to keep a safe distance and take necessary measures to observe new hygiene guidelines
- Ensure the museum is well ventilated
- Request visitors pay by card if possible
- Capture names and email addresses / phone numbers of visitors to facilitate any contact tracing that may be necessary
Alongside reopening for visitors, the museum will run a series of summer events for families and the local community starting mid August. Full details of the summer community events are available here.
Statement on GDPR: In line with government regulations relating to Covid-19, numbers are limited. As requested by the Department for Health and Social Care, we will keep your details safely and in compliance with GDPR legislation for 21 days before securely disposing of or deleting them. We will only share your details with NHS Test and Trace, if asked, in the event that it is needed to help stop the spread of coronavirus. We will not use your details for any other purposes or pass them on to anyone else.
If you would like to be part of shaping the future of the museum, please visit our Community Consultation page.
If you wish to show your support for the museum, please donate via Virgin Giving to our Covid-19 Crisis Appeal, visit our Support Us page and/or peruse our Online Shop.
If you want to keep up to date with Brunel Museum news, please check out our News page and follow us on Social Media: Twitter / Instagram / Facebook. You can also sign up to our newsletter here.